See To hide the table of contents
We think we all have an idea of the story finale involving Luffy and all of the world’s allied forces coming together to fight the World Government one last time, as a united front. But how could all this be put in place?
After all, Luffy never really thought of himself as that great hero who must bring the dawn of the world, although that is clearly his role in the story. He always thought of himself as a pirate and acted as such. His goal has always been to find the One Piece and become King of the Pirates, and while that would likely involve battling the WGs one way or another, it would still be a bit unusual for Luffy himself. even commands a gigantic alliance of disparate forces.
That’s where three key characters could come in. We’re confident that Sabo, Koby, and Vivi are set to play very important roles in the final One Piece saga.
We find it interesting that not only were Sabo, Koby, and Vivi reintroduced into the story during the Reverie arc, but that all three of these characters find themselves in dangerous situations and/or need help after Reverie.
Other than that, they’re all pretty similar characters in a few ways:
- They all have a personal connection to Luffy and have known him from several “beginnings” in his life: Sabo has been Luffy’s brother since he was a child, Koby met him at the start of his journey in East Blue, and Vivi met Luffy and the Straw Hats at the start of Grand Line.
- They’re all balanced, fan-favorite characters that most readers love. They were portrayed as fundamentally good and courageous people, who want peace above all else, and who fight for freedom in different ways.
- Each of them embodies a somewhat “ideal” version of the factions they represent. Sabo is the ideal revolutionary, a powerful fighter who inspires freedom around the world as the “Emperor of Flame” and is the second in command of the revolutionary army. Koby may not be the ideal Marine in the story since he’s not very strong or biased against pirates, but he’s the most empathetic and caring Marine we have. seen, which makes him the ideal in a sense. Vivi is destined to become a great leader, with a big part of her arc at Alabasta being to learn the value of leadership and how she can best serve her people as a symbol of the nation, a role she may have to continue. to grow up grieving the death of his father.
- Finally, they all have personal experience of the misdeeds of the World Government and have seen how badly it needs to be abolished or, at least, reformed. Sabo’s upbringing in the Kingdom of Goa showed him how evil World Nobles can be, and he was even scarred as a child by a Celestial Dragon before being saved by Dragon himself. Koby was on the front lines of the Marineford War and was even nearly killed by Akainu before being rescued by Shanks, a pirate. Vivi had to enlist the help of pirates to save her kingdom from being destroyed by a civil war instigated by Crocodile, a sea warlord employed by the World Government. It can also be assumed that she knows that the World Government covered up the Alabasta incident in order to save face.
The main idea is that during the final saga, Sabo, Koby and Vivi will form a makeshift alliance to end the next final war, which will likely involve the world government against various nations and allied forces in the world of One. Room. We’d also say it’s likely that each of these three characters will help mobilize all the forces of the world against the World Government, and even lead them into the final war.
As we’ve already mentioned, these three characters have similar ideals and seek to improve the world of One Piece, despite having completely different allegiances.
If we assume that the “Great Purification” mentioned by the Five Elders in chapter 908 is implemented, all nations, allied forces and factions of the world will be aware of the wrongdoings of the World Government and will finally be ready to fight. However, they will likely need one last push to mobilize against the World Government and/or fight alongside Luffy, the Straw Hats, the other pirate crews, etc.
At this point in the story, Sabo, Koby, and Vivi are all in very compromised situations. It seems that Sabo is currently trying to contact the Revolutionary Army, but there is no guarantee that they will be able to give him much support. Koby is being held hostage by the most dangerous man in the world right now. We have no idea Vivi’s whereabouts or status. It would make sense if, by some twist of fate, these three would come into contact and team up.
It would make even more sense if Sabo and Vivi’s disappearances were tied to a World Government conspiracy, which would then drive Koby to help them.
As for the series finale, rather than having Luffy command the forces of the Final War, we think it would make more sense for him and the Straw Hats to focus on their clashes, allowing Sabo, Koby and Vivi to lead the charge:
- Sabo could lead the Revolutionary Army and other independent allies.
- Koby could lead the SWORD and potentially other sympathetic Marines who disaffected themselves from the World Government during the Final War (e.g. Smoker, Garp, Fujitora, X Drake, etc.).
- Vivi could lead the various Grand Line nations that are likely to be sympathetic to Luffy and/or have a grudge against the World Government (e.g. Alabasta, Water 7, Fishman Island, Dressrosa, etc.).